Iowa Support Master FeaturesIowa Support Master is hands down the best child support calculation software available. I have used it for many years. Form 1. Affidavit of Financial Status. Wage Withholding Order. I found the "Analysis Page" invaluable. A side-by-side comparison of numbers and then the help with who would best benefit by claiming the kids. The support is just outstanding. I have called, including on weekends and I get the help I need. Joseph G. Bertroche, Jr. Attorney at Law
I have been using Iowa Support Master for nearly 15 years. I cannot imagine calculating child support without it! Alft & Wilson dedicate themselves to ensuring this software is accurate, and I know every time I use Iowa Support Master that I can trust the results. For Alft & Wilson, this is more than just providing software to attorneys. They also stand behind their software, and they are available at any time to answer questions on the information to input (cash medical, etc), provide analysis, and more. They are truly invested to the software customers to make this user friendly, efficient, and understandable. However, Iowa Support Master offers more than just a child support calculation. It also allows you to draft a financial affidavit, determine post-secondary support, and complete an income withholding order, and it has a forms library available for other needs. I am so thankful for Iowa Support Master! ~ Kara L. McClure, Bergkamp, Hemphill & McClure, P.C.
YouTube Help and Training VideosSample
Referrals, Unbundled Services and MediationWebsite Links
On-Line Free Calculator Listing: Our free, on-line calculator is used hundreds of times each month. When a user runs a calculation, at the conclusion, a list of lawyers in their area will appear. If you want your firm to appear, you must let us know. The free support calculator is found HERE.
Unbundled Services Page Listing: we provide a page for those lawyers who provide unbundled legal services. If you wish to be listed, let us know. The page is found HERE.
Mediators: are you a mediator? We will list you on our "Divorce Mediators Page" for free. Just let us know you want to be listed. The page is HERE.
Program SupportWhen you call us, we answer our phones. We provide complete support from training to the Guidelines to the installation and technical support you need. We won't give you the name of some lawyer to call for help. We provide the help backed by 27 years of experience. It's included with the price of the program.
- 24/7 Phone Support
- Sales and Guidelines Support - 515-822-0203
- Technical and Network Support - 610-368-5749
FormsWe are always adding new forms to the software. If you have a form you would like us to build, contact us.
- Download/Local Installation Windows Based
- Install on Apple Computers with Parallels or VMware Fusion (call for help).
- Online - Windows - Apple - Tablets - iPad Compatible
- Works with all word processor software.
Program Special Features
- Analysis Page This feature provides a side-by-side comparison of all the numbers. It includes an analysis of who would best benefit by "claiming the kids". Warning messages will also appear if insurance is unreasonable.
- Spousal Support Predictor Iowa Support Master includes a handy spousal support estimator feature based on guidelines adopted by Illinois in 2018. Other sources are provided for information only. Iowa has not adopted spousal support guidelines. This feature is found under the "Special Ops" button. See the sample below.
- Medical Expense Guide We are "goof-proof". The software tells you what the reasonable cost of health insurance is. There are checkboxes for you to indicate if the coverage is, for example, Hawk-I or Title XIX. If an amount is entered that is unreasonable, a warning indicator will appear, and the program will also include a warning on the results of the forms.
- Childcare Expenses Guide Another "goof-proof" feature. We added a Child Care Analysis feature that details the proportional shares based on the financials of the parties. It is provided as a guide.
- Tax Effects on Child Support This feature allows you to check boxes, change the number of children involved, change the filing status of the parties. As you do so, you will see an instant, on-screen display of the results. when you have a client sitting across from you, go to this screen and you can click away and give your client instant, reliable advice. Look for it in "Special Ops"
- Income Beyond the Guidelines When you have a case where a party is "off the scale" in terms of income, we provide a guide. Found under our "Special Ops" button.
- The 20% Rule Don't know what that means? The Child Support Recovery Unit will estimate federal and state taxes at 20%. We added a feature to allow you to apply the rule. It is found in the "Special Ops" feature.
- Pro Se Solutions We added this feature at the behest of our users. We have a form called "Affidavit of Non-Representation" for the other party who chooses not to be represented by counsel. Another feature found here is a checkbox that when checked, adds a signature line to Form 1 for the pro se party to sign off on your Form 1.
- Blended Custody Formulas We created forumulas as a guide for those times when the parties have blended custody. In a case, for example, where you have two kids, one will be in primary care of one party while the other is shared custody. The Guidelines don't yet address this issue, but we see it cropping up more and more. We have proposed solutions and give you something to work with. We have good feedback, so we must be doing it right.
- Instant Child Support Results Display We put the number right on the main screen of the program. With every entry you make, the support amount updates.
- Instant Cash Medical Results Display This feature is found on the main screen of the program. With every entry you make, cash medical updates and you see the results instantly.
- Password Protect Files Iowa Support Master allows you to password protect your data files.
- Advanced Find Feature When you can't remember where …. "shared custody" is located in the software, click on the "Find" button and just start typing "share…" and a list will appear. Click and go.
- Claim the Kids Every Other Year With the click of a button, you can make entries for the parties as to who will claim which kids this year and next, alternating. See example below.
- Missing Information Click the button and Iowa Support Master will tell you if you left anything out of your Form preparation.
- Weekly Support Option For use if you have a case where a party will pay support weekly, just
- Split Custody Another button to click and the program will let you divide the children and provide an instant display of support. We do the math, you argue your case.
- Reverse Information Easily switch who is non-custodial and who is custodial with the click of a button. It's that easy. The math will recalculate the results instantly.
- Unlimited Tax Options When you have a party who has wage income and money coming in from a source that isn't subject to FICA. No problem. Go to the Income Screen. Make your entries and check boxes.
- Tax Override Feature For those times when you have a party working in South Dakota (no state income tax). Enter the income. Go to this feature and override state tax.
- Print Preview - Easy Edit When you pull up your Form, you can easily edit it before you print it. You may export it to DOC or to PDF.
- Form 1 (with additional advisories, ie. Unreasonable Cost alert.
- Form 2
- Affidavit of Financial Status - Integrated
- Income Withholding Order
- Client Questionnaire
- Cover Page
- Confidential Information Form
- Affidavit of Non-Representation
- Original Notice
- State Statistical Report
- Income Withholding Order - DOC
- Dissolution Quit Claim Deed
- Stipulation of Assets
- Change of Title
- Attorney Fee Lien
- E-File Stipulation Sample
- E-File Decree Sample
- EDMS Protected information Disclosure